Boku is a payment method that allows you to deposit to online casinos only using your mobile phone. With a simple swipe, you can make payments to and from Boku casinos all over the web. Here you can learn all you need to know about this payment method and see all casinos that accept Boku for deposits and withdrawals.
Top Boku Casinos
Boku is a form of mobile payment that was introduced primarily to the UK market in 2003. This payment method completely cuts out debit/credit cards and e-wallets out of the equation and all you need is a casino account and a smartphone. Since its inception, Boku is growing to plant its roots in over 50 countries as well as reach a massive 3.2 billion subscribers. A growing number of iGamers is accepting Boku as a payment option because you are not required to input any of your personal or banking information when transacting and all is required of you is a phone number.
Online casinos usually offer new players sign up bonuses that mostly consist of deposit matches. In most cases, these bonuses are independent of the deposit method used meaning that you can use Boku to claim them. Apart from the welcome packages, casinos also run promotions and campaigns, and again, you can still use this payment processor to claim them if they involve making any transactions to the casino. In some cases, payment providers such as Boku partner with casinos to offer exclusive bonuses. You can check the websites of the casinos listed above to see if they are available.
One of the main advantages that Boku offers their users is the convenience of simply using your mobile device to make a payment. On top of that, it does not require any of your personal information which also serves as an extra layer of security. The deposits made reflect instantly and the method is mobile friendly.
- Convenient: Boku is one of the most convenient payment methods out there because all you require to make a transaction is your mobile device and phone number.
- Security: Boku allows iGamers to make transactions to and from online casinos without having to share a shred of their personal information. This is all coupled with state of the art encryptions as well as firewalls.
- Speed: Depositing funds into your casino account has never been faster. Once you approve the payment on your mobile, it will instantly reflect on your casino balance.
- Excellent support: Any queries relating to the services that Boku offers can be resolved within no time thanks to the stellar team at Boku that is available 24/7.
As much as Boku has a lot to offer in terms of great and convenient services, not all players from around the world can use this payment method. It is limited to a majority of countries in Europe as well as other continents but the US is completely left out. Players also have to consider using other methods to withdraw.
- Availability: Boku is only available to European as well as a handful of other countries around the world but cannot be used completely by iGamers based in the United States.
- No withdrawals: If you are looking to withdraw some funds from your casino account, you will have to consider another payment option since Boku does not support withdrawals from casinos.
- Low limits: For making deposits, Boku is rather fast but it has some very low daily limits that can only be used if you are playing low stakes games.
Excessive fees can deter you from making online transactions to casinos. In some cases, you would rather walk all the way to the online casino’s base and deliver the money yourself due to the far-fetched fees that are attached to the payment option. Boku is here to relieve you of high and exaggerated fees. Depositing funds as a customer will incur no extra cost and all the charges will go to the merchant. This also includes making a deposit with a currency that is not featured at the casino.
Since Boku was developed for the UK market at first, its primary currency is the sterling pound. The euro can also be used to make deposits using Boku but all in all, it is quite flexible. You can make transactions with no conversion fees and a reasonable exchange rate, depending on the casino, however.
Creating an Account
iGamers are not required to create an account at Boku so as to enjoy their services. All that is required of you is that you have a working mobile phone and be subscribed to a pre-paid or post-paid service. You should also have an account at the casino you wish to deposit funds to.
- A separate Boku account is not required to make a deposit to a casino
- Simply choose Boku as a payment option and enter your phone number to start the transaction
Since Boku is a carrier billing service, it helps you deposit funds into your casino account by debiting you mobile airtime or the phone bill. If you would like to use the pay as you go feature, you should ensure that you have some phone credit on your mobile so that Boku can deduct the amount from there.
- Make sure that you are subscribed to either a prepaid or postpaid mobile service
To uphold its security, Boku does not require any information from you, simply your phone number to make a deposit. Casinos that accept Boku deposits have the account reflect almost immediately once you give the transaction a green light. You are not required to go through any monotonous verification processes for the payment to go through.
- On the payment page, click on “pay by mobile”
- Input the amount you would like to deposit into your casino account
- Enter your phone number and wait for a confirmation message. Hit ‘Y’ if you recognise the transaction or ‘N’ if you did not authorise the payment
Boku is a one-way street and payments going out cannot come back in. It is a very convenient deposit method but when it comes to withdrawing the funds from your online casino account, you will have to use another payment option.
- Boku can only make deposits to your casino account
- Consider other payment options if you would like to make a withdrawal
With the rise of cybercrime, online delinquents have found numerous ways to intercept player banking information as it travels to and from the bank and casino. This means that these criminals can steal from you without you even realising it! As a mobile payment method, Boku is considerably safer than most online payment methods out there. As mentioned before, this is due to the fact that players are not required to submit their personal or banking information either at the casino or to Boku when processing the payment.
One of the best features of Boku is their customer support. It consists of a team of highly trained individuals that are multilingual on top of being available 24/7. To reach them, you simply have to go over to the official Boku website and click on the support link in the header. You will then be provided by the numerous ways in which you can establish contact with one of their members.
- FAQ: Use the FAQ page to see whether you can find some quick solutions
- Email: You can shoot them an email via firstname.lastname@example.org You are likely to get a response within 24-hour period
Some online payment methods offer their most loyal customers customised treatment that comes in the form of a VIP program. Boku does not have a VIP or loyalty program because users are not required to join or acquire membership in the first place.
Primarily, Boku is used to pay for digital products and online casinos fall under this category. Since it is a UK company, its prime market is the United Kingdom at large although it has crept into a number of other continents recently including South America. The service works in conjunction with carriers from these areas to facilitate the transactions. Thanks to its widespread audience, Boku can be found and used in a number of European online casinos. You can have a look at the list above to know the casinos that utilise Boku’s quick and secure services to allow you to make deposits.