eKonto Casinos 2021
eKonto is a type of internet banking owned by the Austria-based Raiffeisen Bank. Casino players can only use eKonto if they are resident in the Czech Republic or Slovakia and have a Raiffeisen bank account.
Casinos with eKonto
|Slots Magic||86%||Slots Magic Review||✖|
|Giant Casino||82%||Giant Casino Review||✖|
eKonto was first established in 2008. It is exclusively available to Czech and Slovakian citizens and their relatives living abroad. It offers plenty of advantages for customers, but to benefit from them, you must have three services attached to your bank account. These include a current account, direct banking function and a debit card.
Using your eKonto account, you can make real-time purchases over the internet and directly from your bank account. Payments are created automatically, and transactions are processed with minutes.
When using eKonto to make deposits in casino accounts, you’ll need to look out for participating organisations that display the eKonto or ePlatby logo.
Creating an Account
To open an account with eKonto, you need to visit a Raiffeisen Bank branch personally. You cannot open an account online. However, Raiffeisen Bank has 120 branches located across the Czech Republic, so finding a location where you can open an account should be straightforward if you live in the region.
To open an eKonto current account, you’ll need an ID card or some other proof of your identity. You must be at least 12 years of age and hold a resident’s permit in the Czech Republic or Slovakia. If you don’t live in the region, you must have proof that you have relatives who live there.
Once you’ve opened an account, you will receive three online payment options as follows:
- Direct banking: This banking option gives you access to internet banking, phone banking, GSM, PDA banking, and conditional reports.
- Online shopping: The online shopping function of your account enables you to make direct payments to online stores, online casinos, and other online service providers.
- Debit payment card: eKonto also links with Visa Classic, Visa Electron and Maestro, and MasterCard Standard. You can also use MasterCard Gold, VISA Gold, and MasterCard InternetCard for transactions.
Deposits and Withdrawals
eKonto is accepted by many online casinos to make deposits and withdraw winnings too. When it comes to making deposits to a casino, you will find a list of methods on the cashier page. You will need to select eKonto as your preferred payment method. That will redirect you to the eKonto Direct Banking site, where you’ll need to log in with your account details and password. The funds will be sent from your bank account instantly.
Also, you can use your Visa and MasterCard to make immediate deposits via eKonto. These are also instant transactions, but less information is passed between you and the online casino, so this payment method is considered to be more secure than the alternatives.
Unfortunately, eKonto casinos don’t permit withdrawals to be made via credit cards. You will need to use a standard bank wire transfer to claim your winnings, and that typically takes up to five business days.
- Security: Making a casino deposit via eKonto is done anonymously. That means that your personal data is kept safe and secure.
- Multi-functional: An eKonto account provides you with standard debit cards, as well as an online banking facility. That means you have all the advantages of a regular bank account, together with the means to buy items both on and offline.
- Instant transactions: eKonto transactions are instantaneous. Also, the amount you spend is deducted from your account in real-time.
- Casino account management: eKonto can be a very helpful tool for players who want help in managing their casino expenses by ensuring that they never spend more than the amount they have deposited.
- Multi-currency facility: eKonto offers account management in up to nine currencies, providing domestic electronic payments completely free of charge.
- Regional restrictions: eKonto is only available to those living in the Czech Republic or Slovakia who can fulfil several proof of identification requirements.
- Fees: Unfortunately, some of the features of eKonto come with a fee attached to them.
- No withdrawals: Withdrawals cannot be made from an online casino to an eKonto account, so you will need to use other methods instead.
eKonto has a solid reputation as a very secure provider. The company uses advanced data encryption technology to provide a safe environment for transactions, in line with that used by its parent provider, Raiffeisen Bank.
eKonto and Raiffeisen Bank provide all their account holders with a direct, toll-free information line: 800 900 900 (or +420 412 446 400 if you’re calling from overseas.) The eKonto casino support service is open 24 hours to help account holders with queries, and there is also an emergency line that handles calls reporting lost or stolen cards. For details visit the Raiffeisen Bank website.
I live in the UK. Can I open an eKonto account?
No. You can only open an eKonto account if you are resident in the Czech Republic or Slovakia, or if you have a relative who lives in that region who could open an account on your behalf.
Which online casinos accept eKonto?
Use the list of eKonto casinos to see all online casinos that accept eKonto payments. We filter the casino top list to only show eKonto casinos that accept players from your location.