Unfortunately eWire was shut down in 2014 along with its payment network. The method can not be used at any casinos today.
Top eWire Casinos
With eWire, all you need to deposit funds to your casino account is fill out a simple form. The method can also be used to make withdrawals. The security features that come along with this payment method are air-tight and you don’t have to worry about any of your personal or banking information falling into the wrong hands. Below, we have compiled a list of recommended eWire casinos.
eWire saw the light of day in the year 2002 and this is all thanks to a Danish company, eWire NG. Ever since its launch, the payment method has had its fair share of updates to make sure that all their users are kept safe and that the transactions are as convenient as possible. Although the payment method was meant for the Danish market at first, there are a number of countries that it is accessible around Europe and the entire globe including the likes of the United Kingdom, Austria, Belgium, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Australia and India among others.
Casino bonuses are a great way of enticing new players as well as retaining the existing ones and the good news is that players can use eWire to claim a number of bonuses and promotions out there. The first bonus that you, as a player, can claim using eWire is the deposit bonus which is considered valid once you meet the minimum deposit requirements that are set by the casino in question. Other regular promotions that involve deposits can also be claimed using eWire but it is advisable that you read the terms and conditions first before you commit.
The biggest advantage that eWire has, like most other e-wallets is the convenience as well as security. These payment methods have been built for the sole purpose of helping you pay for services meaning that they are quite vulnerable to attacks from third parties that want to steal.
- Convenience: With a few simple clicks and keystrokes, you can deposit and withdraw any amount you would like without having to physically go to a bank.
- Security: eWire is also quite secure and it has a team of developers that is working round the clock to make sure that their encryption systems and firewalls are running and up to date to keep out any unwanted individuals.
- Can be used for both withdrawals and deposits: The fact that you can use eWire to make both deposits and withdrawals is quite convenient and you don’t have to create a separate account so as to make your transactions.
eWire seems to be the perfect payment method when it comes to funding your casino account but there are a few disadvantages to using the service. The main disadvantage is the presence of fees for every transaction charged to the user considering that there are a number of payment options that are completely free.
- Country restrictions: For a while, eWire was only limited to Norway, Denmark and Sweden but has now opened its doors to a number of European countries but it remains at just that. Players from other parts of the globe can’t access the payment service due to its limitations.
- Fees: iGamers will have to cater for some fees when using eWire as a payment option.
Making transactions with eWire will cost you a small fee for the service. The fee associated with funding your eWire account is wholly up to the method you decide to use. On the other hand, eWire will charge you a small percentage when you use the service to deposit into your account. The same applies to withdrawals when transferring funds from your eWire account to bank account or other e-wallets. A minimum fee of 1.45% will be charged and in some cases, this will be coupled with a fixed amount.
As of its inception, the payment service was only available in the Danish Krone. Since it has opened up its doors to other countries in Europe, there are plans to incorporate more currencies. For now, however, you will have to go through the hassle of currency conversions if your bank or casino is not available in the Danish Krone.
Creating an Account
Opening an eWire account is quite simple and straightforward. The first step is heading over to the official eWire website and hit the create new account button. Fill the form that will appear with your personal information and you are good to go. Use one of the compatible methods to fund your account and get to gaming!
- Click on create a new account on the eWire official web page
- Fill in your personal information on the form that will appear
- Use one of the options provided to deposit funds into your eWire account
Since eWire is an e-wallet, you are required to fund your account so that you can start using the service. Once you are done with the process of creating an account, you can choose any of the indicated options to fund your account and these include national and international credit cards, direct bank transfer or internet banking.
- Click on deposit funds into my account
- Choose a preferred method to send money to your e-wallet
- Complete the transaction and wait for it to be reflected
Once you have an account at any of the casinos that accept eWire deposits, you can select eWire as the deposit method when you reach the casino cashier interface. Fill out the form and wait for your money to be credited, a process that occurs almost instantly so that you can continue with your uninterrupted gameplay.
- Input the amount you would like to deposit into your casino account
- Select eWire as a deposit method
- Fill in your eWire log-in credentials and wait for the transaction to be processed
Withdrawals are just as simple as deposits while using eWire. Simply indicate how much you would like to withdraw from your casino account, select eWire as your withdrawal method and input the requested account information. Once the transaction is processed by the casino, it will reflect on your account within no time.
- Input the amount you would like to withdraw from the casino
- Select eWire as the withdrawal method you would like to use
- The transaction time depends with the casino but once processed, it will reflect instantly
Security is the most important factor to consider when choosing a banking method to fund your casino account with. eWire ticks all the checkboxes of being a secure e-wallet thanks to the various measures they have enforced on their website. For starters, they have state of the art SSL encryption that works hand-in-hand with the SSL encryptions from the casino website to prevent any interception of crucial information as it is being transferred online. Industry standard firewalls are also part of their security system to ensure that your information remains safe at all times.
If you come across any problems while using the payment service, you can head over to the official website and click on the help tab for self-help. Apart from the help page, the site also gives you access to the eWire support team that can be reached via an online form, telephone or email. Although they are outdated, you can also mail a letter to their physical office in Denmark.
- Help Page: For self-help, head over to the help page and read on the topic that is currently giving you trouble
- E-mail: You can also reach the team via a manned email where you can attach relevant documents pertaining to your issue
- Telephone: This is the quickest way to reach them. Their hotlines are on their official website
A VIP or loyalty program is a great way to reward players. eWire does not have a VIP program but you can take advantage of the ones offered by the casinos it supports.
- eWire does not offer a VIP program for players.
eWire is a global e-wallet that recently opened its doors to clients from a number of countries around Europe and other parts of the world. The e-wallet can be funded by a number of world-renowned methods including the likes of MasterCard and Visa meaning that your gameplay will never have to remain on pause so long as you are in territories that accept the use of these payment methods. Although the site is dominantly in Danish, Google Translate can be of great assistance in the meantime as the folks over at eWire translate the service for users that cannot understand the language.