Payr is a relatively new online payment method which provides users with total control over their online spending. It is useful for making online casino deposits, and it also functions as a prepaid credit card for those who want a fast and secure means of making online payments or payments on the high street.
Casinos with Payr
Payr is essentially an online prepaid Visa card which is accepted by most vendors. This makes it easy to perform transactions or deposit into your online casino account with no complications.
Where Payr differs from other prepaid cards is that it also functions as a digital wallet. This helps consumers to save time, money and effort when it comes to making transactions. Because it’s so easy to use, many Europe-based casinos offer Payr as a deposit and withdrawal method. Some of the largest names in the industry are happy to include Payr among their list of funding options.
Creating an Account
Setting up a Payr account is fast and easy. To get started, you will require BankID for mobile or Norwegian BankID, and an iPhone running iOS 10 or later. Alternatively, you can also access Payr via its dedicated Android app, which is designed for devices running Android 5 or later.
Once you’ve downloaded the app, you’ll need your BankID to verify your information and account details. You will also need to add your email address, home address and phone number. Once this has been added, you’ll simply need to select a four-digit PIN.
Making Deposits and Withdrawals
Depositing money into your online casino account with Payr is rapid and easy. Whether you use it as a digital wallet or a virtual Visa card makes no difference in terms of depositing.
During the early days after Payr’s launch, it was not possible to make withdrawals (as with most other prepaid Visa cards). However, since the inclusion of the digital wallet, the service now operates in a similar vein to market leaders like PayPal. This means seamless depositing and withdrawal, although in some cases users may have to wait up to 48 hours before receiving their funds.
- Security: When you make a deposit with Payr, you won’t have to share any of your personal banking information with the casino you decide to play on. This helps to reduce the risk of data theft and fraud.
- Fast banking: Most deposits and withdrawals made via Payr are accessible in less than 24 hours. Some transactions may take a little longer, although this is often due to terms and conditions imposed by online casinos as opposed to Payr itself.
- Fully regulated: Payr is regulated and licensed for use within the European Union, which means users can expect it to be trustworthy, reliable and protected against illegal activity.
- Multiple currencies: It’s possible to send and receive funds in over 75 different currencies with Payr throughout over 120 countries. The app makes use of the real-time exchange rate and features transparent fees. Users can transfer between most major currencies including euros, British pounds, US dollars, Canadian dollars and more.
- Fees: The majority of payments processed by Payr are done so free of charge, although some users have voiced their concerns over currency exchange fees. A small section of users has complained that when Payr is not available as a standalone funding option, they may face additional charges for using their Payr Visa card instead.
- Ability to withdraw: One of the major setbacks for online casino players is an inability to make withdrawals if they have funded their account via a Payr Visa card. This means having to withdraw to another online payment solution, which can be frustrating.
Security is a priority for the team behind Payr. It uses the latest encryption techniques to ensure that data is kept secure, and regularly updates its apps across all platforms to ensure peace of mind for all customers.
The fact that Visa is willing to work alongside the company is a testament to its security and reliability. With licensing in the EU and the authorisation of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) in the UK, Payr can be trusted to keep your information – and your funds – completely safe.
As a relatively new digital wallet service, Payr has yet to be adopted by some online casinos. However, many of the biggest names in the industry have already implanted Payr as a standalone means of payment.
It’s possible to fund your account with a Payr virtual Visa card on gambling sites which have yet to adopt the platform. However, it’s worth noting that you cannot withdraw to this Visa card, so you will require an alternative means to collect your winnings.
Payr offers comprehensive customer support, which can be accessed via the app or the online customer support form on the Payr website. However, customer service is restricted to Norwegian office hours. In the event of a lost card or compromised account, an automated service is available to freeze your account or cancel your card.
Payr was founded in 2016 and the company is currently headquartered in Oslo, Norway. Its founder and CEO is Epsen Einn, who has been a pivotal figure in Norwegian financial services for a number of years.
Payr is part of the next generation of payment apps which enables users to fund their online casino accounts in smarter, more flexible ways. Payr users can pay almost any form of invoice using a digital wallet, bank account or virtual debit card.
The company also helps to improve the way customers pay by analysing what we spend and when we spend it. This helps users to get better value for money when purchasing goods and services.
Will it cost me anything to use Payr?
For normal usage, Payr is free. Registered transactions which total over 10,000 NOK (approximately £850) during a 30-day period will be subject to a transaction cost of 1%. This applies over a 30-day continuous period, as opposed to per calendar month.
Why can’t I find the Payr app in the App Store?
To register with Payr you will need a Norwegian BankID and a registered Norwegian phone number. If you wish to download the app outside of Norway on the Play Store, you may have to change the country in which your Google account is registered.
Will Payr be made available internationally in the future?
Many European casino sites already accept Payr at present. The company is expected to launch in further international markets in the near future.
Does Payr offer any form of loyalty programme?
At present, Payr does not offer any additional benefits or loyalty schemes for existing users.
Which online casinos accept Payr?
Use the list of Payr casinos to see all online casinos that accept Payr payments. We filter the casino top list to only show Payr casinos that accept players from your location.