Kahnawake Gaming Commission
The Kahnawake Gaming Commission (KGC) was established in 1996. Since its inception, it has been consistent in regulating and licensing land-based and online gambling businesses within the territory. Located in Quebec, Canada, the Mohawk Territory of Kahnawake governs its affairs to make fiscal and corporate laws.
Casinos With a Kahnawake Gaming Commission License
- Kahnawake Gaming Commission
The KGC is a reputed jurisdiction for startups and small gaming businesses, as it offers an uncomplicated, flexible and low-cost setup process. Also, it provides great benefits, such as competitive maintenance costs, no gaming tax on revenues and a seamless license application process.
The Role Of The Kahnawake Gaming Commission
The KGC is a growing gaming regulatory body with over 250 gambling sites within Kahnawake, a First Nations Reserve harbouring about 8,000 residents. This gaming authority may not be hugely popular or widely known at the moment, but nevertheless, they carry out some important functions. These include:
- Promoting fair and responsible gambling and gaming in a transparent, safe and reliable environment.
- Protecting underage and vulnerable individuals from online gambling.
- Conducting thorough inspections of their applicants and keeping track of their licenses regularly.
- Assurance of a good level of player protection to ensure users and business partners are safe and secure.
- Ensuring that all online gambling under the Kahnawake license is not associated with criminal activities.
- Regulating and controlling online gaming in a legal way.
KGC Casino Licenses
To establish an online casino within the Kahnawake Gaming Commission jurisdiction, there are two licenses to apply for. These are the Client Provider Authorization (CPA) and the Key Person Permit (KPP). The CPA permits the holder to carry out interactive online gaming within Kahnawake. This licensing is needed for remote gambling operators who plan to run their operations in this territory.
The KPA, on the other hand, is a permit handed to the people in charge of the managerial and operational functions of the applying body that already holds the CPA.
Other documents must be submitted by the applying body to be considered for licensing under KGC, and they include:
- Birth Certificate.
- Bank statements of the owners.
- Passport copies.
- Details of games offered and their gaming software provider.
- Personal Financial Statement (UBOs, Directors and Shareholders).
There are certain KGC ethical values that every applying entity or body must adhere to. Staying true to these rules will ensure a safe and fair environment for gambling.
Benefits of KGC Licensed Casinos
This regulatory body is great for startups and established gambling companies alike for these reasons:
- Compared to many other regulatory bodies, it is pretty easy, quick and straightforward to obtain a license.
- KGC provides fair and responsible gambling to ensure its players’ protection from fraudulent activities.
- As it is cost-efficient, the body is perfect for startups and small gaming companies.
- Their clients enjoy zero gaming tax on their revenues.
- They provide low application fees relative to most licensing entities.
Benefits to Players
When using an online casino regulated by the Kahnawake Gaming Commission, responsible and fair gambling is guaranteed to all players. They can stay relaxed knowing that their data is well protected, funds are safe, and games have the proper payouts with straightforward withdrawal processes.
Also, there is an active customer care service to provide users with important information, terms and conditions. If one has complaints and concerns, they will be attended to appropriately.
Are there any age restrictions with KGC?
Yes there are. With a Kahnawake license, the minimum legal age to gamble is 18. However, if you are accessing their licensed gambling site from any other region, stick to the age restrictions of the area in question.
Which online casinos have a Kahnawake Gaming Commission license?
Use the list of Kahnawake Gaming Commission casinos to see all online casinos that are regulated by Kahnawake Gaming Commission.