Tether is a cryptocurrency and payment platform renowned as one of the most secure online casino payment methods. Hundreds of thousands of online transactions are made using Tether every day. It is a quick and reliable way to fund casino accounts, which means online casinos that accept Tether are high in demand. Compare the best Tether casinos using the top list below.
Casinos with Tether
Most cryptocurrency casinos accept Tether on account of its reliability. This is because Tether is tied to the market value of fiat currencies. It is known as a “stablecoin” because it has been designed to always be worth $1.00. The stability of this payment method means that casino players can use it to fund their accounts without having to worry about volatile fluctuations in the crypto market.
As a cryptocurrency, Tether can be used in most countries without restrictions – although it is worth checking whether there are any laws in your country which govern the use of cryptocurrency before using it to fund your online casino accounts.
It is relatively easy to convert fiat currency for use via the Tether platform. This makes it an attractive proposition for international casino gamers who wish to fund accounts on sites where their national currency is not accepted.
Creating A Tether Account
To create a Tether account, all you need to do is visit the official Tether website. From here, you can click on the “signup” button to take you to the registration page. All you’ll need to do is provide some simple personal details (such as your name and email address). Tether uses two-factor authentication to verify new signups – to use your account, you’ll have to confirm a mobile phone number, or use the Google Authenticator option. To do so, you can enter a code received via SMS, or scan a QR code via your mobile device.
Before you can deposit funds into your Tether account, you may be required to confirm your identity. While this might seem like an inconvenience, it is to ensure that you are not the victim of fraud.
Online Deposits And Withdrawals Using Tether
Once you have confirmed your Tether account, sending and receiving funds is incredibly straightforward. You will be provided with a Bitcoin wallet address which can be used to send and receive USDT (Tether funds tied to the US Dollar).
To add funds, you simply need to navigate to the “Add Funds” section of your account. From here. You’ll be able to transfer money from your bank account, which can then be used to deposit into your Tether casino account.
Receiving funds is just as easy. When you withdraw from a casino that accepts Tether, your winnings will be transferred to the Bitcoin wallet assigned to your Tether account.
There are several advantages and disadvantages to using Tether at online casinos, which we’ll consider below:
- Security: Tether is arguably one of the most secure cryptocurrency platforms for transferring funds to and from your casino accounts. It uses two-factor authentication to prevent malicious hackers from accessing your funds, and it is tied to fiat currency which means you won’t need to worry about the value of the coin drastically dropping.
- Speed: Deposits with Tether are instantaneous, which means you can enjoy the latest casino action as soon as you fund your account with Tether. Withdrawals are similarly speedy, although some casinos may take up to 72 hours to process your payment. It is worth checking the terms and conditions of your casino of choice to find out how long Tether withdrawals could take.
- Simplicity: The beauty of Tether is that it is incredibly simple to use, which means you won’t have to worry about long, drawn-out funding processes. Simply transfer money to your Tether account, and start using these funds at your favourite online casino.
- Easy to register: It’s possible to get a Tether account up and running in a matter of minutes. Once you’ve confirmed your details, you’re good to go.
- Previously hacked: A large-scale hack once wiped approximately $30 million of USDT out of users’ accounts. While Tether’s developers have assured users that the security flaws used to hack the platform have since been ironed out, previous bad press could be enough to prevent users from adopting Tether to fund their casino accounts.
- Transaction fees: Some banks may charge a small fee for transferring funds between Tether and a traditional bank account. If you want to access your Tether casino winnings as fiat currency, you may end up losing a small percentage in the process.
As a cryptocurrency, Tether is available in all countries that allow cryptocurrency trading. It can therefore be used in practically all countries which offer online casino gambling. While Tether is tied to fiat currency (USDT), it does not need to be used exclusively in the United States. Instead, users are free to fund their casino accounts with any site that accepts Tether and other cryptocurrencies.
Tether appears to have a reasonably solid customer support team. Tickets can be raised via the Tether site, via email or online chat. Most queries are investigated within a matter of hours, which means casino players can spend more time playing and less time worrying about technical issues.
Tether was launched in 2015. The firm initially backed each token with one US dollar, but the firm now also backs tokens with loans to affiliate companies. The purpose of the platform is to provide liquidity against volatile cryptocurrency markets. In this context, it is one of the most stable cryptocurrencies to use at online casino sites.
What real-world currencies are tied to Tether?
Tether supports the US dollar, Euro and the Chinese yuan.
Can I use Tether at an online casino?
Yes, there are many online casinos that accept Tether as a means of deposit/withdrawal. Why not see our list of Tether casinos for more information?
Is Tether a transparent platform?
Tether has been built to be 100% transparent. All Tether transactions are backed by the firm’s reserves.
Are there any countries that don’t allow the use of Tether?
Users from Cuba, Iran, Pakistan, Venezuela, Syria and Crimea are subject to restrictions.
Which online casinos accept Tether?
Use the list of Tether casinos to see all online casinos that accept Tether payments. We filter the casino top list to only show Tether casinos that accept players from your location.