Easy Gambling Games That You Can Learn in Minutes
Virtually every online casino has a selection of easy gambling games with a low learning curve and high payout rates. However, a lot of players have no idea just how good of a deal they can get with these titles. Here we’re breaking them down to make them easy to find and take advantage of.
Learn the Simplest Casino Games With the Best Payout Rates
For the majority of players in a majority of cases, there are two primary things they’re looking for. First, they want the best casino payout rates they can get to maximize their chances of winning. Additionally, they want games that are fairly simple to learn.
While games like video poker and blackjack can have ultra-high payout rates, that often depends on correct play in extremely complicated strategic scenarios.
However, what many players don’t realize is that this doesn’t have to be so much of a trade-off. You don’t have to give up a huge house edge just to have a game that isn’t super complicated.
In the following, we’re going to break down some of the best casino games for players who want the best of both worlds. All of these titles, at least the way we’ll teach you to play them, are very simple. Additionally, they have pretty high payout rates compared to other titles.
A Note About the Pros and Cons of These Games
For each of the titles we recommend in the following, we also list out the pros and cons of each. The idea of this is to make it easier for players to find something that works for them. However, there is one thing that all of these titles have in common that you’ll want to know about.
The issue is that they all have payouts that are relatively low in the absolute sense. Most of them are about even money, but some can go up to the 2:1 level. If you’re looking for ways to win several times what you’re wagering, you’ll have a hard time doing so with a low house advantage like what we’re recommending here.
Outside of that, you’ll find a variety of different ways to bet here, and some of them will suit certain types of players more than others.
Playing Baccarat the Easy Way
The first option we’re going to look at here is multi-deck Baccarat. You may be tempted to play the single-deck version under the misconception that it has better payout rates. However, it generally does not outside of special promotional circumstances. Overall, we actually recommend live Baccarat tables for the most part because of the improved social atmosphere.
That aside, this very traditional and very popular game is really simple to learn how to play. In fact, it’s probably the most popular of all of the easy gambling games on this list. The reason for this is two-fold:
- The banker bet has a house edge of just 1.06 percent, which is a payout rate of 98.96 percent on average.
- With the player bet, the house edge is just slightly higher at 1.24 percent.
What’s more is that you don’t have to learn any strategy. Instead, you simply place your bets and see if you come out on top. With that, there are a few pros and cons to this approach:
- You don’t really have to learn much to apply this strategy.
- The gameplay is pretty quick, so you don’t have to dedicate a lot of time to your sessions.
- Baccarat has one of the best social atmospheres of any casino game.
- The player bet pays at 1:1, and the banker bet traditionally pays at 0.95:1, so you don’t have opportunities for much higher payouts.
- Live dealer games can be a little slow if you’re playing at a table where different people play different cards.
Turn Craps Into a Simple and Easy Experience
Craps has a reputation for two things: being complicated and having a lot of trap bets. Both of these are true for the game as a whole. There’s just a lot going on, and the rules can seem a bit complicated because of the multi-roll turns, remembering the point number and all of this other stuff.
Overall, craps is known for being really intimidating. However, if you know which bets to place, it’s actually super straightforward.
A lot of people are taught to use the pass line and don’t pass line bets. While that can be a fine approach, we’re going to recommend something that’s actually a lot easier since that’s our focus here.
Introducing the Buy and Lay Bets
On those huge tables with all of those available wagers, two in particular stand out for us when it comes to making this game easy with good payout rates.
- The Buy wager allows you to bet that a number will come up. It will lose on a seven, but it pushes on all other values.
- The Lay wager allows you to bet that a number will not come up. It loses on that number, but it wins on a seven while pushing on all others.
What’s great is that all of the Buy and Lay bets can be made at any point. It doesn’t have to be on a come out roll to make these wagers. However, the house advantage per roll is pretty small for each and ranges from 0.69 percent to 0.42 percent.
In any event, your house edge for each of these wagers is less than one percent. Additionally, that’s no matter which number (4, 5, 6, 8, 9 or 10) you bet for or against. If you want to know more about how this works, you can check out our Advanced Craps Strategies guide that breaks things down a bit more.
- This allows you to get in on the action in a game that would normally be complicated otherwise.
- The house advantage is super small for these wagers.
- Your payouts are somewhat limited with the best available odds being a buy bet on 4 or 10 for a 2:1 payout.
- The volatility of these wagers is pretty low because you’ll push pretty often.
French Roulette With En Prison or La Partage
Another really easy gambling game with a low house advantage is French Roulette. It’s better than its European and American cousins even though the boards look the same.
It’s better than American Roulette because it only has a single zero. However, it’s better than European Roulette because of special rules.
Those special rules are called En Prison and La Partage. Each French Roulette table will only have one or the other of these rules in most cases (or you can switch between the two to choose the one you want). However, they both achieve the exact same effect in slightly different ways.
Here’s how this approach works: All you have to do is make any of the even money wagers. From there, the special rules will take care of the rest, and your house advantage will only be 1.35 percent. This is in comparison to the 2.7 percent house edge that’s had for all of the other bets in the game, and the difference comes down to these two special rules.
- La Partage gives you back half of your wager if you lose because you hit a green zero.
- En Prison allows you to spin once again to get your wager back if you win (and lose if you don’t) if you lose on the initial wager due to it landing on the green zero.
This is a really straightforward strategy, but it allows you to mix things up a bit. For example, you could bet €10 on red along with €10 on odd and €10 on 1-18 to create tiered wins.
- You don’t have to learn anything new or complicated.
- The ability to layer different wagers across each other allows for flexible strategies.
- Many online casinos have French Roulette options with these special rules.
- All of the individual wagers pay at even money only.
- This isn’t always the most exciting approach.
The options we have laid out for you here are focused on two primary things. First, we wanted to focus on easy gambling games that you could find with no problem in online casinos. Second, we wanted them to have a pretty low house advantage without having to learn complicated strategies.
To this end, we’ve given you a handful of options here that meet those criteria. However, we’ve also listed out the pros and cons of each of these choices. Along these lines, we want to create a situation where you’re able to pick out the game that will be the best fit for you as an individual.