Klarna is a great payment method for online casino players and is one of the most established payment providers. In fact, it was set up in Stockholm, Sweden, back in 2005 and has quietly established itself as one of the major players in the European virtual banking system. Learn all about it here and find where to play with our list of the best online Klarna casinos 2022.
Casinos with Klarna
Why use Klarna at Online Casinos?
- Klarna is dependable and well-established – From small beginnings, Klarna has built up a customer base that sees it provide banking solutions to more than 60 million customers, working with over 130,000 companies across 14 countries. Klarna reputedly handles over 1,000,000 transactions every day and has an impressive 10% share of the northern European e-commerce market, making it a significant presence in this sector.
- Klarna is safe and instant – The advantages that Klarna offers have been noted by online casino customers. Klarna enables players to make direct, instant deposits to their casino account, without having to pass on their banking details to the casino itself.
Creating an account with Klarna
Klarna is designed to make banking transactions quick and easy, and there are no fees involved in setting it up. The set-process involves three-steps:
- Download the app for your iOS or Android-powered device from the appropriate app store.
- Verify your email address and phone number to log on and sign up
- Choose whether to use face ID, fingerprint or pin sign up in future.
That’s all you need to register with Klarna. Of course, when you are ready to make your first deposit at a Klarna casino, you will have to supply additional information in the form of your preferred bank details. You will also have to verify your identity by providing a copy of an official document such as a driver’s licence or a passport. This verification process is usually handled quickly and you will only have to complete it once. After that, you’re ready to go!
Making deposits and withdrawals with Klarna
When it comes to normal retail transactions, Klarna offers three ways for customers to pay. You can use Klarna to transfer money directly from your bank account to the shop you are buying from, known as Pay Now. You can also use the Pay Later or Slice options, enabling you to delay paying for the goods or service you are buying or to spilt payment into smaller amounts.
Klarna users are a little more restricted when it comes to casinos. In this case, you can only use the Klarna Pay Now service, as online casinos understandably won’t allow you to make deposits that you fund later or to pay your deposits in instalments. In some countries, such as the UK, it is also illegal to use credit facilities to gamble. Fortunately, the Klarna Pay Now service is still a useful tool.
Making a deposit at a Klarna casino is straight forward. Once you have found the payment or cashier section at your chosen casino, simply opt for the Klarna (or SOFORT) payment option. Then you have to confirm what country you are in, and the bank that you have an account with. You will then be able to enter your Klarna login details and choose the amount of your deposit. The funds are transferred instantly and Klarna makes no additional charges.
Withdrawals from a Klarna casino are also straightforward. You simply choose Klarna from the list of withdrawal options and choose the amount of your withdrawal. Not every casino that accepts Klarna payments will accept withdrawals using this method, so you should check that this is the case before you make your deposit. There will also be a 2-3 day delay when withdrawing using Klarna.
Advantages of Klarna
The biggest advantage of using Klarna to make your casino deposits is that these are made instantly, so there is no delay before you can start playing your favourite games. You will also avoid the need to hand over any banking information when you make your deposit, providing additional security.
Disadvantages of Klarna
The main disadvantage of Klarna is that it isn’t available in all territories, which is likely to limit its appeal. The delay of 2-3 days when it comes to withdrawals will also disappoint some casino players, and we would like to see more casinos offering Klarna withdrawals for customers.
Security is vital when it comes to banking but Klarna customers can be reassured that this operator is regulated by the Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority (SFSA) and is also required to follow many of the rules set by the UK’s Financial Conduct Authority. They use banking industry-standard security protocols and encryption and all sensitive information is strictly protected.
Klarna is only available in a limited number of territories:
- United Kingdom
Underlining its usefulness as a payment provider, Klarna is available with the following currencies:
- EUR (Euros)
- GBP (Pound Sterling)
- USD (United States Dollar)
- DKK (Danish Krone)
- SEK (Swedish Krona)
- NOK (Norwegian Krone)
- AUD (Australian Dollar)
- CHF (Swiss Franc)
A good support service is an important factor in a payment provider and we are impressed with the service offered by Klarna. They have one of the most impressive FAQ sections we have come across, covering every query you can think of. In addition, they have an online chat facility to answer questions, which is available from 09:00 to 18:00 as well as a toll-free number for phone advice.
Since it was created in 2005, Klarna has developed into a major player in the European banking sector, achieving some important milestones along the way:
- 2005: Company founded in the Swedish market
- 2010: Expansion into Finland, Denmark, Netherlands, Germany and Norway
- 2011: Daily Telegraph lists them as one of Europe’s top 100 emerging tech firms
- 2012: Launches in Austria
- 2014: Partners with major German payment provider SOFORT
- 2015: Launches in the United States
- 2019: Valued at $5.9 billion, making it the largest fintech startup in Europe
Do I have to give a casino my bank details when paying with Klarna?
No. When you use Klarna at a casino, your bank details remain private.
Does Klarna offer instant casino deposits?
Yes. All deposits made with Klarna are credited to your casino account instantly.
Can I use US dollars with Klarna?
Yes. Klarna accepts multiple currencies, including US dollars.
Which online casinos accept Klarna?
Use the list of Klarna casinos to see all online casinos that accept Klarna payments. We filter the casino top list to only show Klarna casinos that accept players from your location.