Live Dragon Jackpot Baccarat Casinos and Tutorial 2021
Playtech’s Live Dragon Jackpot Baccarat offers players four different progressive jackpots that can be won. This is along with a plethora of side bets and other goodies that enhance this Baccarat experience. All of it happens within a smooth, high-class setting that’s relaxing and engaging at the same time.
Casinos with Live Dragon Jackpot Baccarat
An Introduction to Live Dragon Jackpot Baccarat
In the live dealer world, it seems that there are no shortage of Baccarat games. For one of these to stand out from the others, it has to have a lot to offer. That is definitely the case with the Live Dragon Jackpot Baccarat tables available from Playtech.
Not only does this game have four different progressive jackpots, but it offers even more.
In any progressive game, the highlight is obviously going to be the jackpots themselves. However, you can take that away completely in this game if you’d like, and you’d still have an excellent title. The reason for this is that Playtech completely packed the game with features and side bets.
With that said, the core gameplay has not changed. The basic ideas are still there, and the most basic bets are still available as they normally are. Instead of taking anything away from this classic title, they’ve added to it. As a result, you have one of the top Baccarat games ever made available online.
A Note on the Studios
Playtech streams these games from two sets of studios. One set is in Europe, and the other is in Asia. This affects a few small things like the dealers that you get. However, the background is also a little more elaborate for the Asian setting.
For example, you’ll often have a golden dragon graphic that moves around on the curtain in the background of the Asian studio set, but you don’t get the same thing from the European option. This probably doesn’t matter to most people, but it does to some. That’s why we’re mentioning it here before we get into the meat of the game.
We’re going to start off by looking at the gameplay of the Live Dragon Jackpot Baccarat tables. The specifics of the betting options are something we’ll look at down below. However, here we’ll just look at how the hands are dealt and what to expect from playing a hand.
- You start off by placing your bets as a timer winds down. If you don’t get your bets placed in time, that’s completely fine. You’ll just need to wait until the next betting round.
- Two cards are dealt to two positions on the table. These positions are called “player” and “banker.” Neither hand inherently belongs to the house or the player; these are just traditional names for two hands.
- Your bets are placed before the hand on what you think the outcome will be between these two hands. The card totals are worth their face value with 10s, jacks, queens and kings counting as zero. Aces always count as one.
- The score for each of the two hands is the “ones” value of the sum of the cards. For example, if you have 8 and 9, that adds up to 17, so your score is 7.
- There is a house way for determining if each hand can receive one additional card. The details of that are consistent across all Baccarat games and are certified by their regulators.
- The two hands can have a clear winner, or they can end in a tie.
- Once the hands are resolved, the timer starts again, and it waits for you to place your bets.
That covers the basics of how the gameplay functions.
Betting, Side Bets and Progressive Jackpots
This game has a lot of different ways to win. Between the standard Baccarat wagers, the sizable number of side bets and the progressive jackpots, winning is definitely what Playtech had in mind when they put this title together.
In what follows, we’ll break down every type of wager and every type of win that this game has to offer.
Basic Betting Options
The Live Dragon Jackpot Baccarat games have a few basic betting options and a number of side bets available. Here we’ll look at the most common wagers that players use.
- Player – This is a bet on the player hand. It pays at 1:1 and is the most straightforward wager in the game.
- Banker – This is a bet on the banker hand. It pays at 0.95:1, which is 1:1 minus a 5 percent commission. This commission is in place because it’s more likely to win than the Player hand.
- Tie – This bet wins if the banker and player hands tie with the same score. By itself, this bet pays 8:1 when it wins. However, making this wager is also what qualifies you for the progressive jackpots.
Most players will be making one of these bets each time. It’s not advised to make more than one of the above, but it’s possible.
For many people, a lot of the game comes down to trying to figure out if the next hand is more likely to be a player or banker win. The history of the past hands are shown on the screen to assist with this.
Pair and Size Side Bets
A few different side bets are available based on pairs, and we’ve given them their own section here.
To begin with, you can place a wager that either the player or banker specifically will get a pair. That pays out at 11:1, and it’s somewhat similar to the tie bet in terms of volatility.
Another wager is available that wins if either hand gets a pair, but the payout is lower at 5:1. That makes sense considering it’s a much easier bet to win.
Finally, you have a Perfect Pair side bet. This wins if either hand makes a pair that is the same rank and suit. This pays at 25:1, which is the best-paying pair side bet.
Two other side bets are called big and small. They have to do with the total number of cards used between the two hands. Small wins if only four cards are used, and it pays 1.5:1. You’ll be paid a strange 0.54:1 if the big wins, which requires five or six cards.
Egalite Side Bets
The egalite side bets pay if a tie happens on a certain score. For example, and egalite 7 wins if the player and banker hands tie with scores of 7. The payouts vary a bit and seem to be all over the place. However, they’re based on the chances of winning each way.
The egalite 8 and 9 each pay 80:1. From there, the 7 and 6 versions pay 45:1 each. The wins for the 5 and 4 are 110:1 and 120:1, respectively, and it increases to 200:1 to the egalite 3. The egalite 2 and 1 are close but slightly different at 220:1 and 215:1, and you can win 150:1 with the egalite 0.
You place the tie wager to qualify for the progressive jackpots. You have a random chance to win them, but your chances of winning increase proportionately according to your bet size. The four available jackpots are listed here with their seed amounts:
- Golden Dragon – €20,000
- Red Dragon – €1,000
- Blue Dragon – €100
- Green Dragon – €10
You don’t need to do anything special to qualify for these jackpots other than place a tie wager. The egalite side bets do not qualify you for this.
How to Win at Live Dragon Jackpot Baccarat
The higher the jackpots, the better your odds are on the tie bet. With that said, understand that it has a higher house edge than the banker or player bets, which are the best wagers in the game. The side bets generally have worse odds as well.
It’s completely up to you which you play with, but the banker and player bet are very close in terms of house edge.
The Live Dragon Jackpot Baccarat games from Playtech give you a lot of side bets. They also give you a good mix of progressives that are easy to qualify for. Between that and the great presentation, this is one of the top live dealer Baccarat options out there.
Which online casinos have Live Dragon Jackpot Baccarat?
Use the list of Live Dragon Jackpot Baccarat casinos to see all online casinos that have Live Dragon Jackpot Baccarat.