Triple Play Draw Poker Casinos and Tutorial 2021
International Game Technology’s Triple Play Draw Poker is one of the most versatile video poker games available online. It combines nine different styles of play with the ability to play three hands at a time with a card-copying feature that smoothes out the volatility of your results and gives you triple chances to hit big hands.
Casinos with Triple Play Draw Poker
An Introduction to Triple Play Draw Poker
Video poker fans know that having to jump from game to game can be irritating if you want to try different styles of play or if you like to play a few hands at one type before moving to another. Wanting this level of variety without the hassle of waiting for new games to load is at the heart of the Triple Play Draw Poker game available from IGT.
By giving players access to nine of the most popular games all in one place, it saves players time and aggravation that comes from switching games.
There’s a bit more to this game too, however. The Triple Play feature is applied to all nine types of video poker with this game, and that puts players in a position to triple their chances to win the biggest prizes available in the game as a whole, which come from making the strongest hands available.
The Basic Layout and Menu System
To begin with, you’ll have a menu system that’s really straightforward and easy to use. A grid of symbols will show you the names of the available games from the main menu, and you also have the option to simply return to the game you were playing previously.
From there, one you’re actually in a game that you’re playing, you’ll be able to exit out to the main menu with a single click of a mouse or tap on your screen, and that sets you up to very quickly jump over to another game since it’s only one more click or tap before you’re there.
As a result, it literally takes a couple of seconds to jump from one game to another, and that’s definitely something that we can get behind considering how tedious it can be to switch games without this type of menu system.
The Available Games
There are nine total games available in Triple Play Draw Poker. The whole idea is to put a lot of action all in one place for players for the sake of convenience and quick switching. Here we’ll have a quick overview of each type of poker available.
- Jacks or Better – This is the most popular form of the game. There are no wild cards or special payouts, just a balanced experience with straightforward strategies.
- Bonus Poker – This game takes Jacks or Better and adds some bonus payouts for different hands at the upper end of the pay table.
- Bonus Poker Deluxe – With this title, you build on the original Bonus Poker with additional top-tier payouts.
- Double Bonus Poker – The sizes of the special wins have been doubled in this game, which strongly increases the volatility.
- Double Double Bonus Poker – As the name implies, you have double the opportunities to hit these larger prizes.
- Triple Double Bonus Poker – One of the highest-volatility, non-progressive, non-wild video poker titles available.
- Deuces Wild Poker – The most popular wild card game around. The strategies get more complicated, but it’s easier to make bigger hands.
- Deuces Wild Bonus Poker – This is Deuces Wild with some special pays near the top of the overall pay table.
- Joker Poker – A lower volatility wild card game than Deuces Wild or Deuces Wild Bonus Poker. Wins start with a pair of Kings or higher.
Each of these games have their own payout structure. With Deuces Wild and Deuces Wild Bonus Poker, all of the twos in the deck are wild. With Joker Poker, there is a 53-card deck with one wild joker added.
The Triple Play Game Mechanic
Something that makes this title stand out is that all nine of the video poker variations available are used with the Triple Play game mechanic. This works by essentially allowing players to smooth out the volatility of their play by getting three sets of discards in a row.
The mechanic is a little tricky to understand when you first start, so we’ll quickly look over how it works here:
- You start your game by choosing a bet size. This is based on three hands being played, so a bet size of €1 would come at a cost of €3 per hand.
- You’re dealt five cards and have to decide which of them, if any, will be discarded.
- The cards that you keep are then copied to three hands with blank positions for the cards that you discarded.
- New cards are dealt from the deck until each of your three hands has five cards each.
- The deck used with this is the standard deck for the game minus the five cards that you were originally dealt.
- A fresh version of this deck is used for each of your three hands.
- Payouts are given, if any are available, for each of your three hands.
This is the complete gameplay procedure no matter which of the nine titles you have chosen. The only differences are the wild cards, the pay table and the addition of a joker in Joker Poker.
Which Games Are Best?
From the nine games that are available, we recommend three in particular.
The first game we recommend is Jacks or Better. It uses the 9/6 pay table, which is the best available pay table online for this game. It’s a classic that is a cornerstone for a majority of video poker fans.
The second game we recommend from the selection in Triple Play Draw Poker is Joker Poker. While the volatility is increased a little because of the added joker, the swings are still not severe because the Kings or Better version of the game is used here. This is one of the best pay tables you can find for this variation of video poker as well.
Finally, we also recommend Deuces Wild Bonus Poker. If you want a high-volatility affair with tons of opportunities to take down some major payouts, or if you have “go big or go home” mentality but don’t like the progressive video poker options, then this is one of your best available choices for that style of play.
How to Win at Triple Play Draw Poker
No matter which of the options you choose to play from the nine that are available, the process is pretty similar to learn how to get the most from your sessions.
The strategies involved in these games are all about figuring out which set of discards will give you the best average payout for the cards you have been dealt. While the Triple Play feature definitely smoothes out the volatility, the fact of the matter is that your average payout rate will still be determined by how you play this portion of the game.
If you learn the strategies for video poker in general, and your given variation in particular, then you’ll be set up to have the best odds to win in your sessions.
Triple Play Draw Poker is an important video poker option from International Game Technology, one of the most prolific game and software providers in both the online and land-based casino industries. It’s so important because it makes playing a lot more convenient if you’re the type of player who likes to switch around a lot, and no matter what you prefer, it’s almost certain that you’ll have multiple favorites available in one package with this game.
Which online casinos have Triple Play Draw Poker?
Use the list of Triple Play Draw Poker casinos to see all online casinos that have Triple Play Draw Poker.