UK Gambling Commission Casinos 2021
The United Kingdom Gambling Commission (UKGC) regulates online gaming and casino gambling with a strict set of laws and a regulatory framework. When you play at an online or physical casino in the UK, you want to know that you can gamble safely and fairly. All commercial casinos that offer gambling in Britain must be licensed. If they are not, then they are subject to prosecution from the UKGC.
Casinos With a UK Gambling Commission License
- UK Gambling Commission
The Role Of The UKGC
The UKGC is responsible for licensing online casinos in the UK. It was set up by the Government under the provisions of the Gambling Act 2005. As such, it has powers to regulate all commercial gambling activity, working alongside national licensing authorities.
The UKGC does permit gambling as it is legal within the UK, so long as it is being carried out in a way that is consistent with licensing objectives. This means that it will:
- Work to ensure that gambling is not being carried out commercially as a source of disorder or crime.
- Ensure that gambling is being carried out in an open and fair way.
- Ensure that children and vulnerable adults are being protected from exploitation and harm.
The organisation is a relatively large one, with over 300 employees who work across the UK to monitor, license and prosecute (where appropriate) commercial gambling operations.
UKGC Casino Licences
There are strict criteria used to award casino licences for gambling, and these are detailed and regulated by law. For example, there are standards that apply to gaming machines, remote gaming software and online bingo games. These define how technologies must be used to create a fair and safe gaming experience.
There are also strict money laundering regulations, to ensure that UK gambling is kept crime-free. Other regulations apply around social responsibility to ensure that vulnerable people are protected from gambling, that individuals can set gaming limits at casinos, and to prevent underage gambling.
The UKGC strongly influences the way that online casinos can market and advertise. It requires casinos to carry out local area risk assessments if they are planning to have any physical presence within a British community.
Benefits To UKGC-Licensed Casinos
If a casino operates without relevant licensing, then it is subject to prosecution. There may be heavy fines and even jail sentences levied upon casino owners. The Licensing Authority and the UKGC have full powers to enforce British gambling laws and to prosecute where these laws are not being followed.
A key advantage for online gambling casinos is that players will want to search for reputable online gaming sites. Legitimate casinos will always enjoy far more business than unlicensed casinos.
Many UK casinos go one step further and sign up for additional quality schemes such as responsible gambling programmes, to protect people who may have a problem with gaming.
Benefits to Players
When you play at a casino, your safety and experience are paramount. When you choose a casino that has been UKGC regulated, then you will have peace of mind that it adheres to these principles:
- Follow strict laws around safety, protecting your personal data, and processing your card details in a way that prevents them from being accessed by hackers. This includes using the latest payment security software.
- Follow all relevant legislation for marketing, advertising, customer data protection and so forth, ensuring anonymity for players and protecting vulnerable people and minors.
- Offer features such as self-exclusion, so that players can voluntarily set their own gaming limits. These are designed to protect players from playing beyond their means.
- Only use games that are built with algorithms which have been approved as being fair for payouts. The UKGC also sets rules around the payouts versus income ratio, so that casinos can fairly receive income from their operations.
- Offer clear routes for customer service, contact details and complaints resolution.
Players can also directly contact the UKGC and register a complaint if they are concerned about the way they have been treated by an online casino.
Additionally, you will find that your player experience is also vastly heightened when you choose a reputable casino. You will know that it has gone through an extensive process to become licensed and will continue to operate according to accepted principles.
Casino.Zone only recommends UKGC-licensed casinos. It makes it far easier to enjoy your gaming experience to the full with these fundamentals in place.
You can find out more about the UKGC and contact them directly via the UKGC website.
Which online casinos have a UK Gambling Commission license?
Use the list of UK Gambling Commission casinos to see all online casinos that are regulated by UK Gambling Commission.